US Inadmissibility

Overcome US Inadmissibility.

Book a 30 min consultation and have an immigration lawyer advise you on your options based on your individual circumstances.

Facing inadmissibility in the United States can be a confusing and daunting situation. Whether it’s due to past immigration violations, criminal convictions, security concerns, or other reasons, the thought of being barred from entering the country can be unsettling.

But there is hope. Understanding the grounds of inadmissibility and exploring your options, including the possibility of obtaining a waiver, can help you determine the best course of action.

Overcoming US Inadmissibility

In some cases, you may obtain an inadmissibility waiver, allowing you to overcome inadmissibility. Our expert team is here to help. We have the experience, tools and resources to help you overcome this challenge and achieve your goals.

Inadmissibility Waivers

An inadmissibility waiver is a legal remedy that may allow individuals barred from entering the United States due to specific grounds of inadmissibility to overcome their inadmissibility and be granted admission to the country.

In simple terms, a waiver of inadmissibility is a request for the U.S. government to overlook certain grounds of inadmissibility and allow the individual to enter the United States. 

The requirements and application process for a US inadmissibility waiver depend on the specific grounds of inadmissibility and the type of waiver.


Attention Sticker

It’s important to note that not all grounds of inadmissibility are waivable, and even if a waiver is available, it’s not guaranteed to be approved.

L-1A Visas are for employees in managerial or executive roles, and they can be valid for up to 7 years.

L-1B Visas are for employees with specialized or advanced knowledge, and they can be valid for up to 5 years.

L-2 Visas are available for dependent children or spouses of L-1 Visa holders, and they are valid for the duration of the primary applicant’s L-1 Visa. Spouses are eligible to work without filing an additional work authorization request.

Andrea Prunariu

If you have any questions about the L-1 Visa process or are ready to start your application, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We can provide you with the guidance and support you need to complete the process successfully.

👋 Book a Consultation

You can book a 30 min consultation and have an immigration lawyer advise you on your options based on your individual circumstances.

Questions? Answers.

Got questions? We have answers.

It is possible for you to obtain a green card after having held an L-1 Visa. However, it’s important to note that L-1 Visas are nonimmigrant visas, which means they are intended for temporary stays in the US. In order to obtain a green card, you will typically need to go through a separate process. One potential pathway to a green card for individuals who have held an L-1 Visa is through the employment-based green card process. This process involves obtaining an employment-based immigrant visa, which is sponsored by an employer.

If you have held an L-1 Visa, you may be eligible to apply for an employment-based immigrant visa through a process called “dual intent,” which allows you to simultaneously hold a nonimmigrant visa (such as an L-1 Visa) and pursue a green card. It’s advisable to seek the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney to learn more about the specific requirements and steps involved in the process.

Premium processing is a service offered by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that allows you to expedite the processing of your immigration case. For an additional fee, you can request that your case be processed within 15 calendar days of receipt by the USCIS. This can be useful if you need a decision on your case as soon as possible, or if you need to meet a deadline for a specific purpose (such as obtaining a visa or starting a new job). The cost of premium processing for most petition types, including L-1 Visas, is $2,500 (as of Sept 2021).

It’s important to note that not all petition types are eligible for premium processing, and the USCIS may also suspend premium processing for certain petition types at its discretion. We advise you to check with the USCIS or a Motivus immigration attorney to determine whether premium processing is available for your specific petition type.

It is generally not possible to transfer an L-1 Visa to another company. L-1 Visas are employer-specific, which means they are tied to the employer that sponsored the employee’s visa. If an employee with an L-1 Visa leaves their current employer and begins working for a new company, they will typically need to obtain a new L-1 Visa through the new employer.

In order to obtain a new L-1 Visa through a new employer, the employee will need to go through the same process that they went through with their previous employer. This typically involves the new employer filing a petition with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and the employee will need to meet the same eligibility requirements for an L-1 Visa that they did with their previous employer.

It’s important to note that the process of obtaining a new L-1 Visa can be complex, and it’s advisable to seek the guidance of a Motivus immigration attorney. They can provide you with more information about the specific requirements and steps involved in the process.

How we Work

We love efficiency. While the traditional law firms focus on the process and paperwork, we work efficiently so we can focus on you. 🤩

💬 Consultation
Talk to an immigration lawyer to identify the best possible immigration program for You.
Book Now
🔎 Assessment
We carefully review your documents, advise you on your eligibility for immigration and create a strategy for you.
📑 Application
We prepare a comprehensive immigration application, which will maximize your chance of success, then submit it on your behalf.
🤩 Support
Our work does not end here... We stand by you should you require additional assistance with your application or should you need additional support during your crossing at the border.
Previous slide
Next slide

🤩 What our Clients Say